The below proposal will be voted upon at Wednesday, Nov. 2nd, 7pm GA: Please read and come vote!
Steps to bring a grievance:
(Person bringing grievance will be refered to as “initiator” and the other party will be “person in question”)
- Initiator and Person in Question, one on one, personal un-mediated discussion to attempt to alleviate a problem or grievance.
- If this is unsuccessful or if initiator cannot contact person in question, this grievance is brought to a newly formed committee called Conflict Resolution Committee (CRC), which will act as trained mediator for conflict
- CRC will also act as 3rd party to attempt to make contact with person in question
- If person in question is still not responding to attempted contact by CRC within 48 hours, the grievance will be brought to GA.
- If no resolution can be reached in CRC, the grievance is then brought to entire GA.
- Things to bring to GA -
- statement and explanation of grievance and what OD resolves are being violated.
- Facts to support grievance
- Proposal to deal with grievance
- There should be space for amendments to proposal.
Conflict resolution committee (CRC) Draft
- Role of the CRC is first and foremost to act as unbiased mediator between two parties in conflict.
- Within this capacity, the CRC will take on the duties as laid out in the accountability statement.
- The role of the CRC is not to decide whether or not a grievance is legitimate, but to determine if initiator is bringing facts or just rumors and opinions.